Roping Course Module-1
by CUO Allan
This Roping and Rappelling Course is a thoroughly informative and
experiential weekend-long activity that gives cadets the Real Abseiling experience. Cadets not only get to rig up, scale up and down cliffs but are also taught the correct (and safe) way to setup abseils and roping rigs to cater for many different circumstances.
They also learn the skills and techniques involved in civilian and military roping activities including:
- Safe abseil Setups
- Understanding types and makes of ropes
- Basic Roping and Rappelling Knots
- Basic Abseiling and Rappelling Techniques (Descending)
- Basic Prussiking, Climbing and Scaling Techniques (Ascending)
- Application of skills in a Cadet environment
- Identification and use of Military and Civilian Roping and Rappelling equipment
- Safety Techniques and procedures
- Site and situation awareness and appreciation
CUO Allan joined the unit in 2007. He has and continues to made a very valuable contribution to the unit. He is posted as cadet Company Commander for 2011. CUO Alan also won the Unit Service Award in 2010.